Welcome to the home of the Radcliffe & District Pool League
Calendar and Registration Forms
2014/2015 Pool Calendar
Competitions update Season 2014/15
Individual Doubles KO Registration Form
Ladies Mixed Knockout Registration Form
Additional Player Registration Forms
There have been several changes made at the AGM this year
- The break rule, and how colours/denomination groups are decided has changed. We are taking away the nomination aspect of it. (see below)
- Pence Per Point has been removed in favour of Prize Money (similar to BL)
The New Break Rule
- Beginning the game (The Break). The opening player must play at the triangle of object balls using the cue ball from any position behind (not on) the baulk line. The opening player must pocket a ball or drive at least two balls to hit a cushion. Failing to do so can result in the opponent accepting the balls as they lie, or demanding the balls to be re-racked and the break shot retaken.
- The Break
* the term “open” means no colour or denomination group have been decided
- If no balls are potted, the opening players turn at the table ends and the opponent plays from where the cue ball lies, the table is “open”.
- Potting balls legally from the break (except the black), means the player continues and the table is “open”
- If a foul is committed, the incoming player has “two shots” with the 1st shot being a “free table” with ball in hand, if required (see rule 8 in rule book), and does not count in assigning colour group. Once the 1st shot has been played the table is “open”.
- Failure to pot with the 2nd shot means the table is “open” to the incoming player.
- If a foul is committed on the 1st or 2nd shot, the incoming player should revert to the earlier point “If a foul is committed” above
- Deciding colour group when the table is “open”. The players colour group is decided when the player pots a ball or balls from only one colour group on a normal legal shot. Potting a combination of colours legally while the table is “open” means the player continues and the table remains “open”.
- If the black ball is potted from the break the balls will be re-racked and the game re-started with the offending player paying for the game
Printer Friendly Versions
There are printer friendly versions of both the Team Fixture lists and the League Tables so you can print them out for your notice board. Just click on the hyperlink on the page and it will open in a new window, then select File / Print from your Browsers menu.
Featured Venues of the Decade
(until some new ones are done)