Welcome to the home of the Radcliffe & District Pool League
Season 2015-16 Registration Form
Download and print the new season registration form for your team. Teams should be entered by 2nd September 2015.
Registration Form 2015-2016
Also available, the Knockout forms. Note the different format, Individuals and Ladies will be managed by Neil, Doubles and Mixed Doubles by Laurence.
Main Individual & Ladies Registration Form 2015-2016
Doubles & Mixed Doubles Registration Form 2015-2016
RIP Tommy Roberts
One of our long standing players has sadly passed away. Former Beehive, Derby Hotel and Cross Keys player Tommy Roberts. Tommy was normally the first on the card for his team, and a well respected member of the league. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time, RIP Tommy.
Thank you everyone for another successful season in the RDPL. With over 720 registered players we continue to stay a very strong league. Another great Finals Week was enjoyed by all, flanked either side by the St Mary's Masters and the Charlie Crompton Memorial Tri-Team, we ended the season in style. Thanks again, and see you at the Presentation Evening.
Information & Registration Forms
Individual Doubles KO Registration Form
Ladies Mixed Knockout Registration Form
There have been several changes made at the AGM this year
- The break rule, and how colours/denomination groups are decided has changed. We are taking away the nomination aspect of it. (see below)
- Pence Per Point has been removed in favour of Prize Money (similar to BL)
The New Break Rule
- Beginning the game (The Break). The opening player must play at the triangle of object balls using the cue ball from any position behind (not on) the baulk line. The opening player must pocket a ball or drive at least two balls to hit a cushion. Failing to do so can result in the opponent accepting the balls as they lie, or demanding the balls to be re-racked and the break shot retaken.
- The Break
* the term “open” means no colour or denomination group have been decided
- If no balls are potted, the opening players turn at the table ends and the opponent plays from where the cue ball lies, the table is “open”.
- Potting balls legally from the break (except the black), means the player continues and the table is “open”
- If a foul is committed, the incoming player has “two shots” with the 1st shot being a “free table” with ball in hand, if required (see rule 8 in rule book), and does not count in assigning colour group. Once the 1st shot has been played the table is “open”.
- Failure to pot with the 2nd shot means the table is “open” to the incoming player.
- If a foul is committed on the 1st or 2nd shot, the incoming player should revert to the earlier point “If a foul is committed” above
- Deciding colour group when the table is “open”. The players colour group is decided when the player pots a ball or balls from only one colour group on a normal legal shot. Potting a combination of colours legally while the table is “open” means the player continues and the table remains “open”.
- If the black ball is potted from the break the balls will be re-racked and the game re-started with the offending player paying for the game
Printer Friendly Versions
There are printer friendly versions of both the Team Fixture lists and the League Tables so you can print them out for your notice board. Just click on the hyperlink on the page and it will open in a new window, then select File / Print from your Browsers menu.
Featured Venues of the Decade
(until some new ones are done)