Welcome to the home of the Radcliffe & District Pool League
REGISTER YOUR TEAM FOR THE NEW SEASON
Print out a from from the link below and give it to a Committee Member asap. There are limited spaces so please do your best to get the forms in.
The next meeting will be to distribute the fixture books on Saturday 27th September at 12:30pm
2014/2015 Pool Calendar
Registration Form Season 2014/15
Individual Doubles KO Registration Form
Ladies Mixed Knockout Registration Form
There have been several changes made at the AGM this year
- The break rule, and how colours/denomination groups are decided has changed. We are taking away the nomination aspect of it. (see below)
- Pence Per Point has been removed in favour of Prize Money (similar to BL)
The New Break Rule
- Beginning the game (The Break). The opening player must play at the triangle of object balls using the cue ball from any position behind (not on) the baulk line. The opening player must pocket a ball or drive at least two balls to hit a cushion. Failing to do so can result in the opponent accepting the balls as they lie, or demanding the balls to be re-racked and the break shot retaken.
- The Break
* the term “open” means no colour or denomination group have been decided
- If no balls are potted, the opening players turn at the table ends and the opponent plays from where the cue ball lies, the table is “open”.
- Potting balls legally from the break (except the black), means the player continues and the table is “open”
- If a foul is committed, the incoming player has “two shots” with the 1st shot being a “free table” with ball in hand, if required (see rule 8 in rule book), and does not count in assigning colour group. Once the 1st shot has been played the table is “open”.
- Failure to pot with the 2nd shot means the table is “open” to the incoming player.
- If a foul is committed on the 1st or 2nd shot, the incoming player should revert to the earlier point “If a foul is committed” above
- Deciding colour group when the table is “open”. The players colour group is decided when the player pots a ball or balls from only one colour group on a normal legal shot. Potting a combination of colours legally while the table is “open” means the player continues and the table remains “open”.
- If the black ball is potted from the break the balls will be re-racked and the game re-started with the offending player paying for the game
Radcliffe Pool League Season 2013/14
Honours List 2013/14
1st: New Swan 'B', 2nd: Rileys 'A', 3rd: Major
Gold: (19) S.Fitzsimmons (New Swan 'B')
Silver: (18) G.Isherwood (Hamers)
Bronze: (17) B.McEneaney Railway 'B', L.R.Lee (St Mary's 'A'), S.Gough (New Swan 'B')
1st: Waggonmakers 'A', 2nd: Rileys 'C', 3rd: St Mary's 'B'
Gold: (18) C.Dawson (St. Mary's B)
Silver: (17) P.Kent (Waggon 'A'), L.Clegg (Waggon 'A'), S.Troop (Rileys C), S.McCormick (Rileys C)
Bronze: (16) L.Derbyshire (Globe), S.Gough (Rileys D), G.Haynes (Rileys D)
1st: Royal Oak 'B', 2nd: Old Crow, 3rd: Cross Keys 'B'
Gold: (17) G.Southwood (Top Bull 'A')
Silver: (16) C.Fletcher (New Swan 'D'), K.Bolam (Royal Oak B), M.Evans (Top Bull 'A')
Bronze: (15) M.Routledge (Waggon 'B'), J.Stewart (Royal Oak B), D.Veevers (Old Cross), R.Taylor (Royal Oak B)
1st: Three Terriers 'B', 2nd: Village Hotel, 3rd: Victoria 'A'
Gold: (20) M.Kobryn (New Swan 'A')
Silver: (19) B.Tinker (3 Terriers B)
Bronze: (17) M.Lomas (3 Terriers B), S.Crompton (Central), Mark.Davenport (Village Hotel), S.Reynolds (Victoria 'A')
1st: Church Inn, 2nd: Game Cock, 3rd: Roach Hotel 'A'
Gold: (19) D.Twist (Top Bull B)
Silver: (17) M.Hearn (Church Inn), G.Hulmes (Overdraught), P.Anderson (Game Cock), H.Ireland (Roach A)
Bronze: (16) J.Warren (Church Inn), G.Williams (Roach A), C.Gorman (Game Cock)
Overall Player of the Year: Simon Fitzsimmons
Divisional Team KO Winners
Premier: New Swan 'B', Runners Up: Major
1st Division: Waggonmakers 'A', Runners Up: St Mary's 'B'
2nd: Cross Keys 'B', Runners Up: Old Crow
3rd: Victoria Hotel 'A', Runners Up: Three Terriers 'B'
4th: Church Inn, Runners Up: Top Bull 'B'
Divisional 8-Ball Winners
Premier: Del Redmond (Major), 1st: James Haynes (Rileys 'D'), 2nd: Brian Toomey (Cross Keys 'B'), 3rd: Sam Reynolds (Victoria 'A'), 4th: Paul Anderson (Game Cock)
Overall 8-Ball Champion: Del Redmond (Major)
8-Ball Divisional Winners
Premier: Del Redmond (Major)
1st Division: James Haynes (Rileys D)
2nd Division: Brian Toomey (Cross Keys B)
3rd Division: Sam Reynolds (Victoria A)
4th Division: Paul Anderson (Game Cock)
8-Ball KO Winner: Del Redmond (Major)
Winner: St. Mary's A
Runners Up: Major
Semi-Finalists: Cross Keys A, Hamers Arms
Mixed Doubles Knockout
Winners: Michelle Blinkhorn & Mark Kobryn
Runners Up: Dannii McClelland & Simon Fitzsimmons
Semi-Finalists: Kelly Duffy & Paul Howcroft, Louise & Billy Fenton
Ladies Individual Knockout
Winner: Michelle Blinkhorn
Runners Up: Joanne Lias
Semi-Finalists: Kelly Duffy, Denni Owen
Winners: Stuart Allen & Dean Donohue
Runners Up: Ryan Joyce & Andy Rhodes
Semi-Finalists: Del Redmond & Jon Jowett, Dom Nabb & Chris Berry
Qtr-Finalists: Les Lee & John Turner, Mike Davenport & Gaz McNamara, Barry Dawson & Paul Ryan, Paul Howcroft & Simon Fitzsimmons
Main Individual Knockout
Winner: Craig Nance
Runners Up: Alec McAlpine
Semi-Finalists: Dan Birkitt, Dave Berry
Qtr-Finalists: Graham Heywood, Alun Carter, Mark Eckersley, David Nield
Season 2013-2014 Calendar
Individual and Doubles Knockout Forms
Ladies and Mixed Doubles KO forms
Additional Player Registration Forms
Registration Form 2013/2014
Printer Friendly Versions
There are printer friendly versions of both the Team Fixture lists and the League Tables so you can print them out for your notice board. Just click on the hyperlink on the page and it will open in a new window, then select File / Print from your Browsers menu.
Featured Venues of the Decade
(until some new ones are done)